Messaging other members on Neumate requires having your account in premium mode, which means having an active subscription or Token.
Our Messenger adapts to your device. On your phone, it works like a texting app. On your PC, it is docked to the left and has many options so you decide exactly how you want to utilize the messenger as you utilize Neumate. It is designed to focus on one conversation at a time, although we have made it very easy and intuitive to switch between conversations. This is similar to what you would expect to see in your email inbox as you expand one email at a time to review.
You can also communicate with members directly in their profiles. Poking, liking photos, liking date ideas, and gifting Tokens to other members do not require that your account be in premium mode. When you are in premium mode, however, you will also notice a new Our Conversation tab within each profile for quick and easy access to your conversation with that member.
Here are some details about the options you will find in Messenger:
- This option at the top is simply a filter. It allows you to drill-down on the conversations that appear in your list.
- Active Conversations
- Once you click on a user to communicate with via IM/Messenger, their conversation will load at the top of the sidebar. A star next to their username will indicate they are a favorite of yours.
- To change to a new conversation, you can minimize the current (click the minus icon), or simply just click on a new user to communicate with. When you do so, it will swap the conversations.
- In the list of Active Conversations, clicking the X icon next to a user will archive their conversation. You'll need to go to Manage Conversations (or Messages from the main navigation) to see archived conversations, or simply go to the users profile again and click to Message them.
- When a conversation is loaded and open at the top, if you find the same user in your list of Active Conversations, you will also see a block icon next to the archive icon. Click here to block this user.
- When closed, the option to open Messenger is at the bottom of the website (after logging in) in a light blue tab. The tab will grow and get darker once you hover over it. Click to open.
- Use the CLOSE Messenger link within the Messenger sidebar to close.
- Docking will make the Messenger take up a permanent position on your screen and it will shift the website over to be less-wide. It will keep itself docked as you go from page to page. Click Keep Panel Open to activate this option.
- When Messenger is undocked, it takes up very minimal screen. It sits on your left side, available if you want to check in. Simply roll over it with your mouse to see the full sidebar. Click Auto Hide Panel to minimize/hide the sidebar.
- When you receive a new message, Messenger by default will play a sound to notify you. You will receive one sound if the message is in focus (you are currently talking to the member that sent the message) and another sound if the conversation is in the background. If you do not wish to have sounds play, simple toggle Mute on and off with the same button.
- Sending with the Enter Key
- When you compose a message to someone, sometimes you may want the Enter key to produce a new line so that you can compose paragraphs, this is why we give you this option. When sending with the Enter key is enabled, pressing the Enter key will result in your message being sent immediately. When disabled, you will see a Send button that will appear that will need to be clicked to send your message.